Friday, March 14, 2008

Video Interview on JuiceFeasting.com and Raw Chocolate

Drum rolls please....:) Here it is folks! My 1st ever Internet video! David and Katrina Rainoshek interviewed me for Day 12 of information on the subscribed part of their website. The focus of info was bodywork. They were pondering how they knew quite little about bodywork when the light bulb ignited and they realized they have a Certified Juice Feasting Consultant who does Bodywork! A couple hours later, they recorded this live Skype interview...I am a bit shy to share it as I was nervous, but the deed is done and here she is...Click here http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2080026688530675763&hl=en to enjoy!






I did have a request for the Raw Peroski recipe, so I'm going to post it! We all have vastly different taste preferences and as this wasn't my fave, it is pretty good wrapped in nori with a dipping sauce. The recipe I am listing is actually 1/4 of the original and it still looked like a double batch!


Raw Peroskis!

1.Grind 1/4 lb of flax seed in a Vitamix or Blendtec without adding water.

Grind 1/4 of sunflower seeds in a food processor.

2. Combine ground flax seed and sunflower seeds with the following ingredients in the bowl and mix with your hands well:

1 lb carrot and celery pulp (from juice or grated and squeezed)

1.5 bunches green kale, thinly chopped in processor

1/2 bunch cilantro or parsley, thinly chopped in processor

2 medium lemons, juiced

1 teaspoon raw agave nectar

1 jalapeno or other spice to taste

1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)

1/4 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt (optional, but recommended!)


Let me know how you like it!


We are having a DANCE PARTY at our house tonight!! Watch out Whitefish! Our friend is a really talented musician (he and his wife played in a jazz trio at our wedding) and after seeing him perform recently and dancing the night away, we asked him if he would come play if everyone brought a small donation for the tunes :) I made some Raw Cacao balls to keep the party jumping! I don't follow a recipe, but here are the ingredients (it's hard to go wrong with raw chocolate!

Spirulina Raw Chocolate Bliss Balls!
hazelnuts and pecans (soaked overnight)

Cacao Nibs

carob powder

goji berries

coconut oil

coconut oil

Spirulina

shredded coconut

vanilla extract



Place everything in a food processor and blend! Taste and adjust ingredients until you need to stop eating chocolate! Roll into balls and refrigerate until serving. YUMM!!

Don't eat these anywhere close to bedtime! Raw chocolate is the only place I get any caffeine and I find it really stimulating! It feels good, but can be easily over-done. It is an amazing superfood that is high in magnesium, which is great for the heart. Too much fat is not good for the heart, which is what is often combined with raw chocolate, so look for balance here...and everywhere! Turn on some music and dance, dance, DANCE!! XO, Kelly Ordway

p.s. If you are new to becoming computer literate like myself, you can click on the highlighted and bolded words to take you to website links. Most of the raw food words will take you to Raw Food World where you can buy all the raw goodies (appliances, books, treats) that your heart desires! It is run by Matt Monarch, who is a sweet, conscious lad that I feel really good about supporting :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi My juice feast consultant,
I could not get connected with the video link. Also, I have tried the juice feast website but could not find it either. Could you tell me where can I click to get to your video on their website? I am very excited to see it.
Have a awesome sunday full of joy.

Lake Balboa, Ca

"May our minds be clear, our lips speak kindly, and our hearts be generous." by Malachi Melville (yoga Teacher)