Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fast Food Nation vs. The Cottage Inn...




















...opposites on the spectrum of respect for humanity and lifeforms. My husband and I watched part of Fast Food Nation the other evening-Yuck!! We had no idea what we were getting into. I had imagined it was going to be a Michael Moore-like documentary, but it wasn't. It was a disgusting representation of the lack of respect for LIFE that actually really happens. We had to turn it off and couldn't get to sleep for a while afterwards. It stimulated talk and focus on what we can do to make this world a better place, but I think there is a much better way to get the information across. It still makes me quiver thinking about it and I am so GRATEFUL for all of the LOVE and RESPECT that does exist in this world. Let's continue to manifest more and live it! On the opposite end of the spectrum from this horrible movie was our Friday evening at the Cottage Inn...a snuggly restaurant/bar made with love by local folk. It was closed for a celebration of life...a leap year baby birthday! The owners' son (19 years old) and his friends took up the stage to play some really great live music and I am inspired by the youth following their hearts and spreading JOY!
On that note, this is going to be a short, but sweet post because I am going cross country skiing with my amigas!! Big Love to you!! xoxo, Kelly O

No comments: