I wanted to try a new recipe while I had time over the weekend, so we got to have Raw Crab Cakes-they were a yummy success! I got the recipe from www.thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com Here she is:
Vegan Bay "Crab" Cakes
Recipe by Cherie Soria (as printed in Purely Delicious magazine)
Serves 6 (Yields twelve 1/4 cup cakes)
1/2 C. dried porcini mushrooms, soaked for 1 hr, drained and diced
1 1/2 C. zucchini, spiralized
1 1/2 C. Organic Raw Macadamia Nuts , ground
1/4 C. onion, finely minced
1/4 C. celery, finely minced
2 Tbls. nutritional yeast
2 Tbls. lemon juice
2 Tbls. red bell pepper, finely diced
2 tsp. Organic Kelp Granules
2 tsp. ground golden flax seeds
1 tsp. garlic, pureed
1 tsp. red jalapeno, minced (or substitute cayenne pepper to taste)
1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
1. Using a pair of kitchen shears, cut the spiralized zucchini into pieces about one inch in length. (A Spiral Slicer (Saladacco) and a chef's knife are perfect for this task.)
2. Combine the zucchini and all remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Add a few drops of water, if needed, to form a firm dough.
3. Using a 1/4 C. measure, create small cakes, about one inch deep.
4. Place the cakes on a nonstick dehydrator sheet and place in Excalibur dehydrator at 120 degrees for 1 hour; then turn over to dehydrate the other side for another 1-2 hours. (This temperature will not be too hot to destroy the nutrients and enzymes, since the dough has enough water to stay cool during this time.)
5. Serve with a generous serving of Creamy Dill Sauce.
Creamy Dill (Tartar) Sauce
1/4 C. Organic Raw Cashews , soaked in water 4 hours
1 1/2 Tbls. lemon juice
2-3 Tbls. water, as needed
1/4 C. dill weed, minced
2 Tbls. celery, minced
1 Tbls. horseradish
1 Tbls. red onion, minced
1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
1. Place cashews with lemon juice and enough water to form a thick, smooth cream.
2. Add remaining ingredients and pulse.
Mixture should have a slightly chunky texture. Serve over Crab Cakes.