Monday, February 18, 2008

Broccoli-Brazil Nut Mash with Miso Gravy!




The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison. - Dr Ann Wigmore

Cross country skiing and working again, so I'm feeling good! And although it has been cold (12 degrees this morning) the sun has been shining and that feels great!! I love the sign from hotsprings the other day..Limp In, Leap Out! I found a yummy recipe on thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com and tried it out today. I am so glad I did, since I was ready to break out of my rut and taste something different-super fast to make and really yummy! I served it with fresh sprouts and sliced tomatoes...
Brazil-Broccoli Mash with Miso Gravy
From Ani Phyo's Raw Food Kitchen (Serves 4)
1 clove garlic
1 pinch ground black pepper
pinch sea salt
1 c. raw Brazil nuts (or walnuts, pecans, etc)
2 c. broccoli, chopped

Process the garlic, pepper, and salt into tiny pieces. Add Brazil nuts and process into a powder. Empty this powder into a bowl and set aside. Next, process broccoli while slowly adding the Brazil nut powder back in. Serve with Miso Gravy.

Miso Gravy

¼ c. miso
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic
½ orange, peeled and seeded
1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp pitted dates

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Add a touch of water to the gravy if it is too thick for your taste.

Time for snuggling with my husband and celebrating his birthday tomorrow!!xoxo, Kelly O




No comments: