Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sprout Master

How do you grow your sprouts, let me count thy ways...okay, just one right now. My beloved cousin Shonna gave me these Sprout Master trays (sold locally) for my birthday 2 years ago and they have brought an ABUNDANCE of sprouts into my life! Now, I keep 3 trays going at all times. The trays are about the size of a sheet of paper (tray is 8x10) and one day I did the figuring to conclude it cost me about 35 cents worth of seeds per tray! Doing it yourself/growing your own makes this lifestyle very affordable and enjoyable! The process is simple...

Scoop 3.5 tablespoons of dry seed (I usually use a mix of alfalfa, radish, clover and fenugreek) into a cup or bowl.


Cover generously with 2-3 times more water than seeds (You can't add too much water)...


Allow seeds to soak 8-12 hours or overnight.
Pour into tray and spray thoroughly to rinse. Cover with lid. Rinse 1-2x daily and drain well.


The trays are stackable, so it doesn't take over your kitchen! After 3-4 days (when the sprouts are about 1/2 to 3/4 as tall as the tray, continue your rinsing/draining routine, but give the sprouts gentle sunlight all day, so their leaves can turn green with chlorophyll!


After 2 days of sun, eat and savor your delicious Abundance!

No comments: