Monday, March 9, 2009

Peppery Avocado Caesar Salad Dressing

Although Daylight Saving's Time has granted us light until nearly 8 pm, it is definitely far from Spring. With the recent snow and winds, we were snowed in today! I recently substitute taught Kundalini Yoga classes for my friend that I attended Teacher Training with in Colorado and she needed her bag of books and basket of yoga mats back today, so she drove as far as she could and I got geared up and pulled the yoga mats on a sled across the snowy field. As I hadn't done any asanas (postures) yet, I decided Karma Yoga (selfless service) was my route today!
I decided to try a new raw treat today, so I made the Peppery Avocado Caesar Salad Dressing from Cafe Gratitude's I am Grateful recipe book. It wouldn't be kosher for me to share the recipe, but it is super-delicious! I googled for a recipe to share, so give this one a try...

RAW Caesar Salad Dressing
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup Organic Raw Tahini
1/4 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
1-2 large garlic cloves
1/2 inch piece of peeled ginger
Celtic Sea Salt to taste
Combine ingredients either in a blender or medium size bowl, and salt to taste.

The base for the one I made today was avocado rather than tahini and oil and added lots of fresh ground pepper, but I like the thought of ginger too!
Making a yummy new salad dressing is a fun way to keep salads out of the boring category.

Also, Matt Monarch is deleriously excited that his fiance Angela Stokes will soon be able to return to the States has created a 17% OFF coup0n c0de which you can use on ANY order between now and March 12th. Just type in the c0de ‘VISA’ at the check0ut on his store.
There are also "at cost" specials on tahini, peruvian olives and truly raw cashews – just type - fvsa - in the search field on the top right hand corner of the page to access those prices.
To get started, just click on the Raw Foods Super Store logo above my photo.

I have taken this opportunity to try some goodies I have never tried before like the kale chips. Michael and I have also really been enjoying the 1st Anastasia book and decided to get the 9 book series as an early birthday present to myself (I turn 34 on March 25th!)
Enjoy!

No comments: