Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Raw Rich Cheddar Cheese Sauce

Yummy in my tummy...I think you'll like this one. Super fast and easy...all you need is a Blender. This tastes delish with carrot and celery sticks, steamed broccoli and just about everything, I reckon. My hubby and I made raw tostadas. For the base, I put a bit of olive oil and Sea Salt on Ezekiel sprouted grain tortillas and dehydrated until crisp. We topped those with this rich cheddar sauce, diced romaine, fresh salsa and chopped avocado. It was a hit! The leftover cheese sauce made a great quick and yummy snack!

Raw Rich Cheddar Sauce

1/2 cup Organic Raw Cashews
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 large red bell pepper
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp Organic Raw Tahini
1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 clove garlic
2 tsp onion powder

Soak the nuts and seeds for several hours, rinse and drain. Put everything into the blender and voila!! Enjoy and let me know what you like it best with! XO, Kelly O

No comments: