Sunday, May 25, 2008

Yoga from our mattresses beneath the stars in Gili Meno 2 weeks ago!

Oh, my goodness! What a very rich and rewarding experience! I am sneaking in just a few moments to connect on the computer, but our days our full in so many ways. Our day begins at 6 am with 1 hour of Pranayama and Meditation followed by about 2 hours of Asana practice. All of our food is raw and catered by the amazing Elaina Love and friends! Breakfast at 9 am. Another session at 10 am until lunch at 1 pm. Then, a short afternoon break before another session at 4 pm. Dinner is at 6:30, which is sometimes followed by another session at 7:30 pm. Our teachers range from Neuro-Linguistic Programming to Iyengar Yoga, Kirtan, etc. We have the gentle, deep knowledge of Emil for morning meditation.
Gabriel Cousins came for a few days to share Spiritual Nutrition and a Shakti Pod meditation to awaken the Kundalini energy. This was amazingly powerful for myself and many others. I felt my body guided into some spontaneous movement and I had the visualization that my head gently pushed through to another dimension and I was actually a baby dinosaur slowly and gracefully coming out of my shell into a clean, clear vibration. Gabriel reminded me that it might be my totem animal. Then, several people in my life came to me and I was filled with deep Love and Compassion. There were many other beautiful dynamics, but that is the lovely just of a really powerful spiritual experience.
The food has been absolutely DELICIOUS!! Breakfast has been fresh fruit, cacao smoothies, often grawnola and nut milks, sometimes spirulina balls. Lunch and dinner have been raw miracles ranging from Mexican, Greek, Indian, Italian!! Raw Pizza, lettuce wrap burritos, sprouted quinoa tabouleh, baklava, chocolate amaretto cheesecake...and on and on! We juice fast one day a week...every Thursday.
There is so much more to share, but it is time for another amazing dinner and then we arde heading to town for Kirtan with Dave Stringer at the Yoga Barn. I am filled with the deepest of gratitude!!

No comments: