Auntie hasn't had to water her garden yet this year because it has been raining so much! Then the night before last, the torrential downpour lasted for 12 hours to accumulate 7 inches!! LL Bean shut down their huge distribution center and just 100 yards down the road from us, the road completely washed away, turning a trickling stream into a raging river where the road used to be be. It took the water main with it and we are so grateful we are on a well since the family is graciously hosting atleast 15 house guests!! Day after day of rain, we are getting good at alternative fun in the not-so-sun! Here's the Top 10 list when cabin fever strikes...
10. Try to read a book around 20 fun-loving relatives...yeah, right!
9. Learn new card games like Set-back/Pitch!
8. Pick out your favorite bootie socks and vinyl-velcro shoes to go bowling!! (Everyone is happy just to break 100!)
7. Don your blue racing suit and helmet for Indoor go-cart racing...yahooooo!!
6. Go dancing and wish you could dance as well as your aunts and uncles!
5. Walk down the street in your rain jacket to gawk and give interviews at the local natural disaster!
4. Pray for some sunshine...
3. Intersperse yoga mats in between furniture and experience podcasts of yummy yoga!
2. Trade massages upstairs with your cousin who is a fellow therapist...yum!
1. Love what is!! (hint...check out the book Loving What Is by Byron Katie)
Peace!! Kelly O